We are self-professed shoe experts (and undeniably shoe lovers) so we thought we would share more of our shoe wisdom with you. This edition? Looking after your shoes and getting extended use out of them so you can keep your shoe collection looking nice and healthy and absolutely beautiful!
- Look after your shoes according to what they are made of – for example leather versus suede versus canvas.
- Don’t leave them in a position that the shape is being altered – let them breathe and stay in their correct shape (check out some storage tips here).
- Don’t drive in heels – it can cause damage to the heel itself and driving in flats is much safer.
- New heel tips (like the ones included in our boxes) are a great way to ensure your heels are kept in good condition.
- Wear the right heels for the right occasion – e.g. if you’re going to be walking on grass, gravel or pavement, you may want to save your stilettos the stress.
- Make sure you’re walking in your heels correctly so that they don’t rub and you don’t make your legs and/or feet painful.
- Make sure they fit! They may be on sale or you may think that looser is going to mean more comfortable but it isn’t the case! (That’s one of the reasons we do so much testing and offer custom sizes – we know how important it is!).
We hope you and your shoes have a great weekend!